Thursday 27 February 2014

Welcome to Rokanha...

Welcome to Rokanha, now you maybe wondering what exactly Rokanha means! Well let me explain, Indian weddings are anything but quite, they’re often large and lavish, even when we attempt for it to not be. The festivities run on for days, I mean the average weddings lasts around a week! Rokanha originates from the word Roka, which if you’re not sure what this is, it’s the first initial ceremony to announce that you’ve gone and found yourself the perfect life partner! (and at which points your parents breath a collective sigh of relief!) Often Roka is used interchangeably with Thaka, which you could look at as a type of engagement ceremony and so from those origins Rokanha was born, your engagement is the start of some the most exciting days ahead.

Your Wedding Journey is arguably some the most important moments of your life and so here I am, reaching out to all 'brides to-be' and family members involved to help you along the way, but I’d like to tell you all a little about myself first!


My name is Sunisha and I’m a self-confessed wedding enthusiast, I honestly mean it, those who know me can even vouch for that fact too! I LOVE weddings! My love for all things weddings has led me to launch Rokanha, the ultimate wedding guide for 'brides to-be', members of the wedding parties, guests or even if your just a complete wedding geek like me this is the key to all the need-to-know secrets to create your perfect wedding. So often I hear 'brides to-be' saying that they’re off to India to do the mandatory wedding shop hoping to find the holy grail of Wedding Lehenga's and Trousseau shopping, but I always seem to wonder how do they even know where to start! There’s just so much to think about! I say this from experience as I have travelled vast parts of India. Here at Rokanha I will be exploring everything you need to know in order to not only have a successful shopping trip but help you decide what sort of styles, designers and accessories you might want to consider for yourself or members of the wedding, be it the 'bride to-be', the sister of the bride/groom or even the groom himself looking for some advise, I aim to play devils advocate with you, to help you decide whats right for you and what’s not! Here you’ll find everything you need to know!

No comments:

Post a Comment